At the moment it is high summer and we have a bit of a glut of cucumbers, which we pick before they get very big. Still, we have plenty and the weather is rather hot. So here’s a super quick cold soup that takes care of the cucumber glut and the heat.
What you need
- about 800g of cucumber diced
- 200 ml natural (Greek) yoghurt
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 1 small glass of white port (optional, but nice)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- a sprig each of mint, tarragon and dill
- a small jalapeño pepper (not pictured)
- salt and pepper
What you do
- Puré all the ingredients in a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (I said it was super quick.)
- Put in the fridge for an hour.
- Decorate with herbs and, if using, some very thin slices of Jalapeño peppers) and serve with fresh bread or crostini.